Usually, my blogs are about some finer point of marketing but I thought I’d write a quick about me to help you understand what you get when you work with me.
One thing to know about me is that I love personality quizzes. I enjoy the feeling that someone recognizes me and my special characteristics. I took one recently that I thought was interesting and relevant to my work with clients and it's one that I would encourage all companies to take - it makes you think about yourself and your audience in a different way.
Archetypes are the heartbeat of a brand because they convey a meaning that makes customers relate to a product/service as if it actually were alive in some way, they have a relationship with it and care about it.
My brand at the moment is me and my work and I’ve decided that it’s probably more healthy for me as an entrepreneur to become self-aware and then work with clients who I resonate with, rather than try to contort myself into something other people want. I can do that and did so for years working in the corporate sector, but apparently being authentic is a better way to live.
The brand archetypes that came up most strongly for me were:
Here is what that means:
- I seek the truth and have a desire to share my knowledge and educate others
- I’m trustworthy, insightful, and a problem-solver
- My main goal is to find, understand and share what is true in the world
- I want independence and fulfillment
- I’m Yoda
- I embody freedom and I look to find inner fulfillment by taking risks and chasing new experiences
- I am ambitious, adventurous, and trailblazing
- I don’t want to feel trapped and I want the freedom to explore
- I want an exciting, authentic, and more fulfilling life
- I’m Dora the Explorer
Basically, I’m National Geographic.
I think these fit well with what I’m trying to do because fundamentally I’m trying to use my broad marketing experience and skillset to impart information to others that helps them get control over their marketing and their message.
But how I’m doing it isn’t necessarily the way everyone else does it and I look to combine what I do in the most useful way for the client I’m working with, rather than fit into a particular box.
If that sounds like an approach you’d like for your business, get in touch!